Post by DR. DEATH DEFYING on Oct 8, 2011 23:37:52 GMT
Because even an apocalyptical future needs rules.
- Please be respectful. No flaming other members and TRY to limit swearing to in character posts (although you won't be punished for swearing.) Being respectful includes not threatening, teasing, calling names or otherwise being rude or nasty to other members. Even if your characters don't get along, that doesn't mean that you can be rude to their creator. That said, you don't have to talk/roleplay with anyone you don't want to.
- No advertising other forums except in the specified forum. This includes linking in the C-Box.
- No stealing. Do not copy someone else's post, use someone else's designs or character application without prior notice and consent of the copyright holder.
- This site is rated 13+ for a reason, but keep it anything questionable off the boards (although mentions are fine). Proboards forbids adult themes.
- For each of your characters, make another separate account with the display name being the name of your character in this format: First Last. You can use aliases for certain characters - such as Killjoys (like Party Poison) and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/s.
- When it comes to signatures, please make sure they do not stretch the board. You are allowed up to one image in your signature which is 500px wide and no more than 350px high, but you can have up to five smaller images as long as they do not break those limits. You are allowed as many links and as much text as you wish as long as it fits within the signature limit.
- Activity is important and for that reason, try to post at least once a month on the boards. If you're leaving for a while (or for good) please post in the Absence board so we know and you don't get moved to the inactive member group. If you play a canon and are not active for a month, the canon character goes back up for adoption.
In Character Rules
- This is a literate roleplay and for that reason, we expect you to use punctuation, grammar and spell correctly. There is no word limit; however, please try to post at least a paragraph each time, out of respect for your fellow roleplayers (it is very hard to reply to a post with little detail.)
- Please write in third person past tense, as in 'Party Poison ran from the bumblebee, screaming' rather than 'I ran from the bumblebee, screaming.'
- No god-modding or power-playing. You can find more of an explaination here.
- Liquid time is allowed, so your character can be more than one place at once, as long as you keep this under control and make sure that any consequences still happen (for example, if your character gets injured in one thread, mention that they're still recovering from their injury or something in future/other threads.)
- Please remember that in the zones, things will be hard to come by - so no hot new iPods, gluttonous feasts or shiny new wheels. Of course, your character can always try stealing themselves something, but just keep their situation in mind. Also, this is set in 2021, so remember that there will be new technology and feel free to invent something to fit your needs - check out the Brands & Companies thread for ideas.
- In Battery City, the populace is provided for quite well - as long as they can afford it. There's still slums and 'bad areas', although BL/ind tries to keep them out of view and has been known to send out Drac patrols to clean up the 'vermin'. It's your choice whether your character is rich, well-off, poor or starving; but remember your character's situation when roleplaying!
- Pregnancy is a touchy issue - for Killjoys/those out in the zones, it will be extremely rare and hard to cope with, so you must PM a staff member and explain the plot/why first. In Battery City, however, it is a lot more common and can be carried out without permission from a staff member; but make sure to let the admin know via message just for the records.
- When posting your topic, please post the name of your character all in caps and their group/alliance afterwards (ie, PARTY POISON - KILLJOY)
- No posting in the in character boards until your character is accepted - however, feel free to post in the out of character boards (like Chatterbox and Help Point.)
- If you are making an original character, make sure to check the canon list and face claim before choosing their name and play-by. This means we avoid duplicates. The only time the same play-by may be used by two characters is if they are identical twins, no exceptions. Identical twins must be checked with an admin first too.
- Please, no random people off of Myspace, Vampire Freaks, et cetera, or anime as play-bys. You are allowed to use models, celebrities and public figures. Feel free to run somebody by the admin if you're not sure if they're allowed.
- Include 'the aftermath is secondary' somewhere in your application to show you've read these rules.
- Each of your characters needs a separate account. Make sure your username is your character's full name in all caps.
Thank you for reading, crashkids. Stay safe and die with your mask on if you've got to.